Taiko Together – A Parent-Child Taiko Class
Taiko Together utilizes movement, singing, stories, games, and taiko drumming to introduce music to toddlers alongside a parent or familiar adult. This one-of-a-kind program provides the ideal environment for development of musicality for children between the ages of 2-9.
Give your child the gift of music!
Currently there are ongoing TT classes in Los Angeles Taiko Institute and Taiko Center of the Pacific . The program is gaining popularity with over 100 families participated in the program since 2013. The students love the songs , dance and games. It is a very unique and musical bonding experience for the family.
Please visit Taiko Together blog to get a glimpse of the classes and performances by our students!
Taiko Together Mission Statement
The Taiko Together curriculum helps define parents and children’s natural sense of musicality through song, dance, body music and taiko drumming, which the goal is to create an engaging environment for students in hopes that their musical experience will reverberate beyond the classroom.
Interested in having Taiko Together at your School?
Contact ManMan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Set up meeting with group leaders to discuss what TT program would look like at your school/group
- Schedule 20 hours of instruction and 10 hours shadowing with ManMan for potential teachers
- Teaching resources will be supplied (videos, sheet music, lesson demos, graphics)
- Preferable class size is minimum of 3 families (1 child + 1 adult per family)
- Equipment would need to be provided – ManMan is able to discuss alternative solutions
- Monthly online meetings with ManMan for program updates and teachers check-in